Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- Credit: One Network
Drivers can expect overnight road closures between Swaffham and Dereham, due to repair work on the A47.
From September 20 until October 1, the A47, Swaffham to Toftwood, will be closed eastbound and westbound from 8pm until 6am.
This is due to resurfacing works and the renewal of road markings and studs.
In a letter to residents a Highways England spokesperson wrote: “We plan to complete these works over two weeks, from Monday, September 20, to Friday, October 1 on weeknights only.
“Working between the hours of 8pm and 6am, and subject to weather conditions.”
“We have closely liaised with the Local Highway Authority within the area, to agree the most suitable diversion routes.”
Eastbound traffic will exit the A47 at Swaffham roundabout onto the A1065.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Go glamping under the stars in estate's stunning new bell tents
- 3 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 4 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 5 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
- 6 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 7 Motorcyclist banned from driving after speeding at 138mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 'It's causing carnage' - Homes gutted in large blaze near Swaffham
- 10 Car seized after driver spotted travelling 'all over the road' on A47
At Munford, traffic will join the A134 and then travel on the A11 to Thickthorn Interchange to rejoin the A47 and travel west.
Westbound traffic will follow the same diversion but in reverse.