A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 2 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 3 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 4 Victim tells how rogue trader conned him out of £10,000
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Mother-of-two's newfound confidence after six-stone weight loss
- 7 Parkruns in Norfolk set to return on June 5 - and junior runs even earlier
- 8 Relief as church VAT changes scrapped for a year
- 9 Pub landlord appointed town councillor for Swaffham
- 10 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls