A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 2 Mum brings youth focus to town hall
- 3 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 4 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 6 Father's touching tattoo tribute to cancer surviving daughter
- 7 Q&A: Everything you need to know about June 21
- 8 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 9 What are the other options if June 21 'Freedom Day' is cancelled?
- 10 More than 60pc of readers against June 21 'Freedom Day' go ahead