A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- Credit: Google
The A47 has been closed following a crash in west Norfolk that left a man seriously injured.
The collision happened at about 4.20pm near Little Fransham, between Dereham and Swaffham.
The road has been closed in both directions between Wendling and Necton following the incident.
In a tweet, Norfolk Police has said: "Delays are expected. Please avoid the area and find alternative routes."
Three crews from the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service attended.
Appliances from Dereham and Watton made the scene safe and assisted ambulance crews with casualty care.
There was heavy congestion on the road following the crash.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 3 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 4 Weird Norfolk: The jilted Tudor ghost that haunts a National Trust hall
- 5 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 6 Interim parish council takes office after mass resignations
- 7 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 8 Classic car show returns with vintage motorbikes and 'auto jumble' sale
- 9 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
Traffic is building up between Little Fransham and Wendling on the A47 and also on Station Road and Beeston Road.
As of 10pm on Monday (May 23) the road remained closed.
Drivers have been advised to plan alternative routes when travelling Tuesday morning (May 24).
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.