A47 closed in both directions after four vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are on the scene of a four vehicle road traffic collision on the A47, which has closed the road in both directions.
The road has been shut in both directions at the Wendling junction and at Chapel Lane between Dereham and Swaffham, following the collision between three cars and a small hire van.
Norfolk Police first reported the collision at 6.26pm on Saturday, with fire crews assisting to rescue occupants trapped in the van.
At 8pm, police were awaiting the recovery of the vehicles and the clear up of a oil spill but said the road should be opened shortly.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is a four vehicle road traffic collision, police fire and ambulance will be attending. We are already on the scene."
The spokesman said minor injuries have been reported.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Dereham and Earlham to the collision.
- 1 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 2 Woman taken to hospital after crash on A47 near Swaffham
- 3 Bid to convert village house into nine flats
- 4 £4.6m bid to restore Ice Age landscape in the Brecks
- 5 How to hold a street party for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 7 OPINION: Improving levels of financial literacy is essential
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
Crews helped make the scene safe and used hydraulic rescue equipment and lines to free occupants in the van.
The fire service left the scene at 6.51pm.