A47 closed in both directions after four vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are on the scene of a four vehicle road traffic collision on the A47, which has closed the road in both directions.
The road has been shut in both directions at the Wendling junction and at Chapel Lane between Dereham and Swaffham, following the collision between three cars and a small hire van.
Norfolk Police first reported the collision at 6.26pm on Saturday, with fire crews assisting to rescue occupants trapped in the van.
At 8pm, police were awaiting the recovery of the vehicles and the clear up of a oil spill but said the road should be opened shortly.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is a four vehicle road traffic collision, police fire and ambulance will be attending. We are already on the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said minor injuries have been reported.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Dereham and Earlham to the collision.
- 1 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 2 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 3 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 7 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 8 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 9 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 10 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
Crews helped make the scene safe and used hydraulic rescue equipment and lines to free occupants in the van.
The fire service left the scene at 6.51pm.