Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- Credit: Tom Chapman
Bus operators across Norfolk have been reporting delays due to queues at petrol stations, as fears grew over shortages caused by the national lorry driver crisis.
Despite advice from the government not to panic and for drivers to buy fuel “as normal”, there are growing reports drivers are still queueing to fill up their vehicles.
Some stations across the UK have been forced to close altogether — with BP and Tesco among the worst-hit.
Both First and Konectbus have reported issues on routes close to petrol stations in Watton, Norwich, Dereham and Sprowston.
First Norwich X1 and X11 buses are currently experiencing slight delays.
Konectbus said buses on routes 11, 11B, 4, and Straight8 had been facing delays of between 15 and 20 minutes.
Buses on route 11 are facing delays of around 20 minutes between Watton and Swaffham, while passengers on route 11B can expect delays due to "unusually heavy" traffic around Sprowston Tesco.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 9 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
The operator said: "Please be assured that all buses are running, and our team of 11B drivers are doing their best to get to you."
On route 4, Konectbus services are facing 15 minute delays due to "very heavy" queuing outside the petrol station at Dereham Tesco and blocking roundabouts.
Services are now serving stops in Dereham Tesco car park after they were routed around this morning due to being blocked by car park queues.
Route Straight8 from Toftwood to Dereham town centre will now operate along South Green and Baxter Row.
While bus stops on Yaxham Road and London Road will not be serve due to congestion surrounding the BP petrol station until further notice.