A47 closed due to spillage of offal
- Credit: IAN BURT
The A47 between Swaffham and Dereham has been closed for a number of hours today due to spillage of offal.
Norfolk Police were called just after 9am on Tuesday morning (September 7) to reports of a lorry shedding its load on the A47 at Necton.
Highways England reported that the A47 was closed eastbound between the A1065 Castleacre road and the junction with the A1075 Tavern lane.
The road is now not expected to be cleared until tomorrow, with closures and diversions expected to be in place at least until the early hours of tomorrow morning.
The A47 between Dereham and Swaffham remains congested both directions and delays can be expected.
Members of the public have commented on the EDP Facebook page stating that there is a strong smell in the area.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 2 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 5 Outdoor nativity village with live animals at Norfolk church
- 6 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 7 Festive cheer returns to Watton streets at Christmas event
- 8 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 9 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 10 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'