From digger driver to site manager - Norfolk man celebrates 20 years building homes
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk man who started his career as a digger driver is celebrating 20 years' with a house builder, working his way up to become senior site manager in charge of a 427-new home development.
Tim Walsingham, from Yaxham, marked two decades with Watton-based firm Abel Homes with a surprise party thrown by colleagues.
Mr Walsingham joined the firm in 1999 as a digger driver, but his potential was quickly recognised, and he worked his way up to the senior position he now holds.
He is currently in charge of Abel Homes Swan's Nest development in Swaffham.
Abel Homes chairman Tony Abel said: "It is a real pleasure to mark not just Tim's long and loyal service, but his very successful career to date with us.
You may also want to watch:
"It is widely recognised that to succeed in business you need to have the best people on board, and they don't come much better than Tim."
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 3 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 10 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown