Thetford Forest named as one of the most Instagram-able beauty spots in the UK
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
It is an area of natural beauty which spans across areas of Norfolk and Suffolk.
Popular with local people and visitors, Thetford Forest has been named as one of the most photogenic forests across the UK.
The 18,730 hectare forest ranked as number nine in the top 25 forests whose pictures are put onto the photo and video-sharing social networking site Instagram.
Away Resorts, operator of six holiday resorts based in the UK, analysed the Instagram hashtag use of 70 forests in the UK and have used the data to find the top 25 Instagram-able forests.
The hashtag #thetfordforest was used 17,966.
You may also want to watch:
The New Forest, Royal Forest of Dean and Sherwood Forest were the top three woodland areas.
Thetford Forest is the largest man-made lowland forest in the UK and was established in the 1920s by the Forestry Commission.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 3 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
Sites including High Lodge, King’s Forest and High Ash are popular with visitors.