Liam Conroy’s unbeaten ton sets up impressive win for Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Thetford moved up to third in Norfolk Alliance Division One as a superb knock from Liam Conroy inspired them to their fourth win of the season.
After the disappointment of the previous week's wash-out Thetford saw off visitors Sprowston by 61 wins, with opener Conroy carrying his bat for an unbeaten 106.
Conroy hit nine fours in a knock which spanned 154 deliveries, with Chris Cooper providing great support with 71 in a second wicket partnership of 134.
A further 56 was added for the fourth wicket with skipper and brother Ryan (31) as the hosts reached an excellent 255-5 in their 50 overs after being asked to bat first.
Daven Roff made a battling 53 in reply but Sprowston were always behind the tough asking rate and were dismissed for 194 in the 48th over.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Baulch was Thetford's most successful bowler, taking 3-38, while Neil Lockwood and Lewis Greyson weighed in with a couple of wickets.
On Saturday Thetford travel to leaders Old Buckenham, who will have a point to prove after being bowled out for just 31 at Topcroft on Saturday to slide to their first defeat of the season.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
Swaffham got back to winning ways by beating Horsford A by 33 runs as Mark Eagle impressed with both and ball.
Eagle top scored with 61 in a total of 181-9 and then recorded the excellent bowling figures of 10-1-18-5 as the visitors were dismissed for 148 despite a brave knock of 75 from Oscar Binny.
Swaffham travel to bottom side Beccles on Saturday.
Thetford A maintained their position at the top of Division Six as they bounced back from their first defeat of the season by seeing off Hales and Loddon by seven wickets.
Chasing a modest 153-5 they won it in the 44th over as Andrew Kerling lead them home with an unbeaten 56 after Alistair Newey had laid the foundations with 40.
Thetford seconds are at home to their Dereham counterparts on Saturday.