Swaffham tribute to Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.
The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
An oak plaque, carved by the late Harold Reast was erected to remember the entertainer who died 14 years ago on September 11, 1995.
Jonathon Toye, who organised the memorial, said Mr Minnis would have seen the humour in the day, especially the slight delay putting up the plaque and the slapstick fashion in which it was bashed into the hard ground.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans