Swaffham tribute to Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.
The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
An oak plaque, carved by the late Harold Reast was erected to remember the entertainer who died 14 years ago on September 11, 1995.
Jonathon Toye, who organised the memorial, said Mr Minnis would have seen the humour in the day, especially the slight delay putting up the plaque and the slapstick fashion in which it was bashed into the hard ground.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR