Swaffham tribute to Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.
The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
An oak plaque, carved by the late Harold Reast was erected to remember the entertainer who died 14 years ago on September 11, 1995.
Jonathon Toye, who organised the memorial, said Mr Minnis would have seen the humour in the day, especially the slight delay putting up the plaque and the slapstick fashion in which it was bashed into the hard ground.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 Video shows fire after geese fly into electricity pole
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council