Swaffham tribute to Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.
The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
An oak plaque, carved by the late Harold Reast was erected to remember the entertainer who died 14 years ago on September 11, 1995.
Jonathon Toye, who organised the memorial, said Mr Minnis would have seen the humour in the day, especially the slight delay putting up the plaque and the slapstick fashion in which it was bashed into the hard ground.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark