Swaffham tribute to Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
FRIENDS and family of a beloved clown have unveiled a plaque in his memory.
The life of Jeremy Minnis, known to many as Oodly Doodly the Fenland Fool, was commemorated at a gathering at Swaffham's Ecotech centre on Sunday.
An oak plaque, carved by the late Harold Reast was erected to remember the entertainer who died 14 years ago on September 11, 1995.
Jonathon Toye, who organised the memorial, said Mr Minnis would have seen the humour in the day, especially the slight delay putting up the plaque and the slapstick fashion in which it was bashed into the hard ground.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland