Swaffham teens' Remembrance honour
TWO Swaffham teenagers have been picked to join the nation's centrepiece Remembrance parade.Sixteen-year-olds Bethany Rudd and Jessica Rowling, both St John Ambulance cadets, will join the Queen, Prime Minister and service veterans in the Royal British Legion Remembrance Sunday Parade taking place on Sunday, November 9 through the city of London.
TWO Swaffham teenagers have been picked to join the nation's centrepiece Remembrance parade.
Sixteen-year-olds Bethany Rudd and Jessica Rowling, both St John Ambulance cadets, will join the Queen, Prime Minister and service veterans in the Royal British Legion Remembrance Sunday Parade taking place on Sunday, November 9 through the city of London.
Cadets from all over England were invited to apply for just 15 St John places on the parade and the Swaffham pair are delighted to be involved in the prestigious ceremony.
Bethany told the Times: “We are so excited and pleased to be parading on November 9. I feel very privileged to have been chosen to represent Norfolk and I'm looking forward to meeting the other Cadets marching alongside us.”
You may also want to watch:
Jessica , a Cadet Corporal, added: “I can't wait to experience this special day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it will be an honour to attend.”
The Remembrance Day Parade takes place on the Sunday closest to November 11. A steady stream of veterans march down Whitehall, past the Cenotaph to gather for a service of remembrance and to lay poppy wreaths.
- 1 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 2 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 5 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 6 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 7 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 8 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 9 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
Members of the royal family will also be present to remember the fallen.
St John Ambulance has been involved in the parade for many years, but this is the first time St John Cadets have been invited to march alongside the veterans.
The ceremony takes place on Sunday, November 9 at the Cenotaph, Whitehall, from 10am.
For more information about St John Ambulance or becoming a member, contact 01603 431639 or email email@example.com