Swaffham solicitor completes first Edinburgh marathon for Parkinson’s UK
A Swaffham solicitor completed her first marathon and has raised �750 for Parkinson's UK.
Jacqueline Lake is deputy coroner for Norfolk but also specialises in employment law for Fosters Solicitors in Norwich and ran the Edinburgh marathon on May 27 in four hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds.
Mrs Lake hopes to raise �1,000 for Parkinson's UK.
She said: 'I was delighted with my time. It was a superb atmosphere - the crowds were wonderful and really carried us along. It was extremely hot, but they sprayed us with water from hosepipes and handed out sweets, chocolates and fruit.'
Mrs Lake took up running three years ago but had to pull out of the 2010 Edinburgh marathon after a serious fall from a horse a few months before.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Jacqueline-Lake0
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days