Swaffham solicitor completes first Edinburgh marathon for Parkinson’s UK
A Swaffham solicitor completed her first marathon and has raised �750 for Parkinson's UK.
Jacqueline Lake is deputy coroner for Norfolk but also specialises in employment law for Fosters Solicitors in Norwich and ran the Edinburgh marathon on May 27 in four hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds.
Mrs Lake hopes to raise �1,000 for Parkinson's UK.
She said: 'I was delighted with my time. It was a superb atmosphere - the crowds were wonderful and really carried us along. It was extremely hot, but they sprayed us with water from hosepipes and handed out sweets, chocolates and fruit.'
Mrs Lake took up running three years ago but had to pull out of the 2010 Edinburgh marathon after a serious fall from a horse a few months before.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Jacqueline-Lake0
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Mother determined to use baby heartbreak to help other families
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 7 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 8 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 9 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 10 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub