Swaffham solicitor completes first Edinburgh marathon for Parkinson’s UK
A Swaffham solicitor completed her first marathon and has raised �750 for Parkinson's UK.
Jacqueline Lake is deputy coroner for Norfolk but also specialises in employment law for Fosters Solicitors in Norwich and ran the Edinburgh marathon on May 27 in four hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds.
Mrs Lake hopes to raise �1,000 for Parkinson's UK.
She said: 'I was delighted with my time. It was a superb atmosphere - the crowds were wonderful and really carried us along. It was extremely hot, but they sprayed us with water from hosepipes and handed out sweets, chocolates and fruit.'
Mrs Lake took up running three years ago but had to pull out of the 2010 Edinburgh marathon after a serious fall from a horse a few months before.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Jacqueline-Lake0
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village