Swaffham solicitor completes first Edinburgh marathon for Parkinson’s UK
A Swaffham solicitor completed her first marathon and has raised �750 for Parkinson's UK.
Jacqueline Lake is deputy coroner for Norfolk but also specialises in employment law for Fosters Solicitors in Norwich and ran the Edinburgh marathon on May 27 in four hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds.
Mrs Lake hopes to raise �1,000 for Parkinson's UK.
She said: 'I was delighted with my time. It was a superb atmosphere - the crowds were wonderful and really carried us along. It was extremely hot, but they sprayed us with water from hosepipes and handed out sweets, chocolates and fruit.'
Mrs Lake took up running three years ago but had to pull out of the 2010 Edinburgh marathon after a serious fall from a horse a few months before.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Jacqueline-Lake0
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent