Swaffham solicitor completes first Edinburgh marathon for Parkinson’s UK
A Swaffham solicitor completed her first marathon and has raised �750 for Parkinson's UK.
Jacqueline Lake is deputy coroner for Norfolk but also specialises in employment law for Fosters Solicitors in Norwich and ran the Edinburgh marathon on May 27 in four hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds.
Mrs Lake hopes to raise �1,000 for Parkinson's UK.
She said: 'I was delighted with my time. It was a superb atmosphere - the crowds were wonderful and really carried us along. It was extremely hot, but they sprayed us with water from hosepipes and handed out sweets, chocolates and fruit.'
Mrs Lake took up running three years ago but had to pull out of the 2010 Edinburgh marathon after a serious fall from a horse a few months before.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Jacqueline-Lake0
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s