Club which has changed countless lives celebrates anniversary milestone
- Credit: Archant
A club which has changed the lives of thousands of people has celebrated its 50th anniversary.
The Rotary Club Of Swaffham has been raising money for good causes at a local, national and international level over the past five decades.
Its dedicated members - of which there are currently 27 - have tirelessly supported charities including East Anglia Air Ambulance, Merle Boddy Centre and Médecins sans Frontières.
In addition to its annual golf day in July and Swaffham Visual Arts Festival in October, the group has this year organised a series of special events throughout its 50th year.
The culmination came at the end of November, when the club's 27 serving members and 53 former members gathered at the George Hotel for an anniversary dinner.
You may also want to watch:
Donna Wallbank, president of Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland, paid tribute to the club and saluted 50 years of improving the lives of others.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark