Club which has changed countless lives celebrates anniversary milestone
- Credit: Archant
A club which has changed the lives of thousands of people has celebrated its 50th anniversary.
The Rotary Club Of Swaffham has been raising money for good causes at a local, national and international level over the past five decades.
Its dedicated members - of which there are currently 27 - have tirelessly supported charities including East Anglia Air Ambulance, Merle Boddy Centre and Médecins sans Frontières.
In addition to its annual golf day in July and Swaffham Visual Arts Festival in October, the group has this year organised a series of special events throughout its 50th year.
The culmination came at the end of November, when the club's 27 serving members and 53 former members gathered at the George Hotel for an anniversary dinner.
You may also want to watch:
Donna Wallbank, president of Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland, paid tribute to the club and saluted 50 years of improving the lives of others.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village