Golfers raise £4,000 for charity amid sweltering conditions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the course on a roasting hot summer's day to raise money for two deserving charities.
In temperatures exceeding 30C, teams came out in force to support this year's Swaffham Rotary Charity Golf Day at Swaffham Golf Club.
More than 80 golfers participated in the AM-AM Stableford format, which took into account the two best scores on each hole and combined them to make a single score for each team.
Wealth management company Willgrass Cornish came out on top, followed by Three Pars and Birdie in second and Golf Playmates 2 in third.
Other results are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
- Nearest line 9th fairway - George Murray and Diane Forder
- Nearest pin 3rd - Paul Twite
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 3 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Nearest pin 16th - Martion Parker and Diane Forder
- Swaffham Rotary star golfer - Alex James
Rotarians and guests also enjoyed a meal and charity auction, raising around £4,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Merle Boddy Centre run by Swaffham and District Mental Health Association.