Golfers raise £4,000 for charity amid sweltering conditions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the course on a roasting hot summer's day to raise money for two deserving charities.
In temperatures exceeding 30C, teams came out in force to support this year's Swaffham Rotary Charity Golf Day at Swaffham Golf Club.
More than 80 golfers participated in the AM-AM Stableford format, which took into account the two best scores on each hole and combined them to make a single score for each team.
Wealth management company Willgrass Cornish came out on top, followed by Three Pars and Birdie in second and Golf Playmates 2 in third.
Other results are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
- Nearest line 9th fairway - George Murray and Diane Forder
- Nearest pin 3rd - Paul Twite
- 1 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 4 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- Nearest pin 16th - Martion Parker and Diane Forder
- Swaffham Rotary star golfer - Alex James
Rotarians and guests also enjoyed a meal and charity auction, raising around £4,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Merle Boddy Centre run by Swaffham and District Mental Health Association.