Golfers raise £4,000 for charity amid sweltering conditions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the course on a roasting hot summer's day to raise money for two deserving charities.
In temperatures exceeding 30C, teams came out in force to support this year's Swaffham Rotary Charity Golf Day at Swaffham Golf Club.
More than 80 golfers participated in the AM-AM Stableford format, which took into account the two best scores on each hole and combined them to make a single score for each team.
Wealth management company Willgrass Cornish came out on top, followed by Three Pars and Birdie in second and Golf Playmates 2 in third.
Other results are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
- Nearest line 9th fairway - George Murray and Diane Forder
- Nearest pin 3rd - Paul Twite
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 Zoom and online magic - how lockdown changed children's entertainment
- Nearest pin 16th - Martion Parker and Diane Forder
- Swaffham Rotary star golfer - Alex James
Rotarians and guests also enjoyed a meal and charity auction, raising around £4,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Merle Boddy Centre run by Swaffham and District Mental Health Association.