Golfers raise £4,000 for charity amid sweltering conditions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the course on a roasting hot summer's day to raise money for two deserving charities.
In temperatures exceeding 30C, teams came out in force to support this year's Swaffham Rotary Charity Golf Day at Swaffham Golf Club.
More than 80 golfers participated in the AM-AM Stableford format, which took into account the two best scores on each hole and combined them to make a single score for each team.
Wealth management company Willgrass Cornish came out on top, followed by Three Pars and Birdie in second and Golf Playmates 2 in third.
Other results are as follows:
- Nearest line 9th fairway - George Murray and Diane Forder
- Nearest pin 3rd - Paul Twite
- 1 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 2 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 3 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 4 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- Nearest pin 16th - Martion Parker and Diane Forder
- Swaffham Rotary star golfer - Alex James
Rotarians and guests also enjoyed a meal and charity auction, raising around £4,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Merle Boddy Centre run by Swaffham and District Mental Health Association.