Golfers raise £4,000 for charity amid sweltering conditions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the course on a roasting hot summer's day to raise money for two deserving charities.
In temperatures exceeding 30C, teams came out in force to support this year's Swaffham Rotary Charity Golf Day at Swaffham Golf Club.
More than 80 golfers participated in the AM-AM Stableford format, which took into account the two best scores on each hole and combined them to make a single score for each team.
Wealth management company Willgrass Cornish came out on top, followed by Three Pars and Birdie in second and Golf Playmates 2 in third.
Other results are as follows:
- Nearest line 9th fairway - George Murray and Diane Forder
- Nearest pin 3rd - Paul Twite
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Former convent sold for £400,000 and could be converted into family home
- 8 Wind farm decision due in days
- 9 A47 works to continue with further road closures
- 10 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- Nearest pin 16th - Martion Parker and Diane Forder
- Swaffham Rotary star golfer - Alex James
Rotarians and guests also enjoyed a meal and charity auction, raising around £4,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Merle Boddy Centre run by Swaffham and District Mental Health Association.