Annual golf day to benefit air ambulance and mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
Two good causes will benefit from an annual extravaganza which sees golfers take to the course for charity.
Teams from community organisations, golf clubs and businesses will battle it out at Swaffham Golf Club during the Swaffham Rotary Charity Golf Day on Monday, July 22.
A total of 80 golfers forming 20 teams will take part, raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Merle Boddy Centre run by Swaffham and District Mental Health Association.
Last year's event benefitted cancer charity Big C Norfolk and SSAFA Norfolk, which provides support for members of the armed forces in the county.
Golfers will tee off from 9.30am, while visitors are welcome to attend the charity auction taking place at around 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Teams of four (gents, ladies or mixed) can take part in the golf day at a cost of £180 per team, which includes a two-course meal. Teams of two or three golfers can be accommodated on the day.
To enter contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 3 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back