Rotary club’s 50-year commitment to community celebrated at charity fayre
- Credit: Archant
Five decades of tireless work were saluted as a rotary club hosted more than 30 good causes which have benefitted from its work.
As part of its ongoing 50th anniversary celebrations, Swaffham Rotary Club brought together a multitude of charities during the gathering at the town's Assembly Rooms on Wednesday.
The special event was opened by Lord Dannatt, who was given an insight into the far-reaching effect of the club's commitment to helping the community.
"Rotary clubs provide a very important function, bringing people together to do something good for the community," said Lord Dannatt. "It's a great asset to have and well done to Swaffham Rotary for pulling all these organisations together.
"Money is tight when it comes to local authorities, so volunteering and charities are truly the way forward."
Swaffham Rotary president, Stephen Ward, added: "This is a chance to show the community where their money has been going.
"Over the last 50 years the club has had a quite phenomenal impact and this event allows us to find out the needs of different charities and connect on an informal basis."
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns