Rotary club’s 50-year commitment to community celebrated at charity fayre
- Credit: Archant
Five decades of tireless work were saluted as a rotary club hosted more than 30 good causes which have benefitted from its work.
As part of its ongoing 50th anniversary celebrations, Swaffham Rotary Club brought together a multitude of charities during the gathering at the town's Assembly Rooms on Wednesday.
The special event was opened by Lord Dannatt, who was given an insight into the far-reaching effect of the club's commitment to helping the community.
"Rotary clubs provide a very important function, bringing people together to do something good for the community," said Lord Dannatt. "It's a great asset to have and well done to Swaffham Rotary for pulling all these organisations together.
"Money is tight when it comes to local authorities, so volunteering and charities are truly the way forward."
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Rotary president, Stephen Ward, added: "This is a chance to show the community where their money has been going.
"Over the last 50 years the club has had a quite phenomenal impact and this event allows us to find out the needs of different charities and connect on an informal basis."
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village