Rotary club’s 50-year commitment to community celebrated at charity fayre
- Credit: Archant
Five decades of tireless work were saluted as a rotary club hosted more than 30 good causes which have benefitted from its work.
As part of its ongoing 50th anniversary celebrations, Swaffham Rotary Club brought together a multitude of charities during the gathering at the town's Assembly Rooms on Wednesday.
The special event was opened by Lord Dannatt, who was given an insight into the far-reaching effect of the club's commitment to helping the community.
"Rotary clubs provide a very important function, bringing people together to do something good for the community," said Lord Dannatt. "It's a great asset to have and well done to Swaffham Rotary for pulling all these organisations together.
"Money is tight when it comes to local authorities, so volunteering and charities are truly the way forward."
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Rotary president, Stephen Ward, added: "This is a chance to show the community where their money has been going.
"Over the last 50 years the club has had a quite phenomenal impact and this event allows us to find out the needs of different charities and connect on an informal basis."
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months