Swaffham pub set to reopen
A MARKET town pub which closed more than 10 months ago is set to reopen before Christmas.The White Hart in Swaffham's Market Place shut down in March after it was repossessed by the landlord because it was being run badly.
A MARKET town pub which closed more than 10 months ago is set to reopen before Christmas.
The White Hart in Swaffham's Market Place shut down in March after it was repossessed by the landlord because it was being run badly.
Now Criterion Asset Management, the company which owns the building, has leased it to a new company, Inns 2 Be In, which says it will be open again before Christmas.
Sue Downing, from Inns 2 Be In, who will oversee the running of the pub, said she wanted The White Hart to be seen as an asset to the community and a far cry from the pub which had created problems in the past.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I am hoping to reopen in the next couple of weeks.
'The couple who will be running the pub are experienced and we have had meetings with the police and licensing officers and they are all happy.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
'We want this to be a family and community pub and we will try and do what we can to support the local community.'
Jupiter Three, the company which ran The White Hart previously, has since ceased trading and Mrs Downing was keen to stress there was not links between the two companies and it would be a completely different operation.
The new opening times will be between 10am and 11.30pm every day with alcohol being served until 11pm.
Live music and dancing will be permitted on Fridays only between 8am and 10.30pm.