Swaffham Lions global quiz sees £1,000 raised for Norfolk charity fund
- Credit: Archant
A charity fundraising group in Swaffham have raised £1,000 with their 'most successful quiz for many years'.
The Swaffham Lions world quiz was held on Wednesday, January 30, and saw more than 100 people attend in the event, held at 7.30pm at the Assembly Rooms.
Lions activities chairman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'The Swaffham Lions held their most successful quiz for many years, with 19 teams who were allocated a country.
'At the start of the quiz, one member from each team paraded in carrying their flag, accompanied by their national anthem.'
The quiz was won by Morocco, who won the tie question with Australia and the evening raised a total of £1,060 for Lions charities, which will be distributed to local organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Tallon added: 'This autumn we're looking at holding the 'Lions Den', like the TV programme Dragons Den and giving away up to £4,000 to deserving causes.'
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween