Swaffham Lions global quiz sees £1,000 raised for Norfolk charity fund
- Credit: Archant
A charity fundraising group in Swaffham have raised £1,000 with their 'most successful quiz for many years'.
The Swaffham Lions world quiz was held on Wednesday, January 30, and saw more than 100 people attend in the event, held at 7.30pm at the Assembly Rooms.
Lions activities chairman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'The Swaffham Lions held their most successful quiz for many years, with 19 teams who were allocated a country.
'At the start of the quiz, one member from each team paraded in carrying their flag, accompanied by their national anthem.'
The quiz was won by Morocco, who won the tie question with Australia and the evening raised a total of £1,060 for Lions charities, which will be distributed to local organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Tallon added: 'This autumn we're looking at holding the 'Lions Den', like the TV programme Dragons Den and giving away up to £4,000 to deserving causes.'
- 1 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 3 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 4 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 5 Pub wins award for services to community in lockdown
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 10 Seven wonders of Watton