Swaffham Lions global quiz sees £1,000 raised for Norfolk charity fund
- Credit: Archant
A charity fundraising group in Swaffham have raised £1,000 with their 'most successful quiz for many years'.
The Swaffham Lions world quiz was held on Wednesday, January 30, and saw more than 100 people attend in the event, held at 7.30pm at the Assembly Rooms.
Lions activities chairman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'The Swaffham Lions held their most successful quiz for many years, with 19 teams who were allocated a country.
'At the start of the quiz, one member from each team paraded in carrying their flag, accompanied by their national anthem.'
The quiz was won by Morocco, who won the tie question with Australia and the evening raised a total of £1,060 for Lions charities, which will be distributed to local organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Tallon added: 'This autumn we're looking at holding the 'Lions Den', like the TV programme Dragons Den and giving away up to £4,000 to deserving causes.'
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 8 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk