Swaffham Lions hand out awards for supporters in its centennial year
- Credit: Archant
People and groups who have lent their support to Swaffham and District Lions club over the past year - its 100th - have been honoured with awards.
The club had a presentation and review evening at Swaffham Assembly Rooms, attracting more than 60 people. The event was introduced by club president Alan Jude before Dennis Tallon gave a presentation about the club's activities during the year.
Swaffham Town Council was given an award for putting on a civic reception and allowing welcome signs to be put up at the town's entrances. Jurgita Stipiniene of the Iceni Partnership received an award for their support in room hire, printing, technical support and a 208km cycle ride that raised money for good causes.
And Reverent Janet Allan, vicar of Swaffham's St Peter and St Paul Church, got an award for arranging a thanksgiving service, and the town's Tesco store was honoured for allowing charity events and food collections to take place there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county