Swaffham Lions hand out awards for supporters in its centennial year
- Credit: Archant
People and groups who have lent their support to Swaffham and District Lions club over the past year - its 100th - have been honoured with awards.
The club had a presentation and review evening at Swaffham Assembly Rooms, attracting more than 60 people. The event was introduced by club president Alan Jude before Dennis Tallon gave a presentation about the club's activities during the year.
Swaffham Town Council was given an award for putting on a civic reception and allowing welcome signs to be put up at the town's entrances. Jurgita Stipiniene of the Iceni Partnership received an award for their support in room hire, printing, technical support and a 208km cycle ride that raised money for good causes.
And Reverent Janet Allan, vicar of Swaffham's St Peter and St Paul Church, got an award for arranging a thanksgiving service, and the town's Tesco store was honoured for allowing charity events and food collections to take place there.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 3 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 6 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot