Swaffham Lions hand out awards for supporters in its centennial year
- Credit: Archant
People and groups who have lent their support to Swaffham and District Lions club over the past year - its 100th - have been honoured with awards.
The club had a presentation and review evening at Swaffham Assembly Rooms, attracting more than 60 people. The event was introduced by club president Alan Jude before Dennis Tallon gave a presentation about the club's activities during the year.
Swaffham Town Council was given an award for putting on a civic reception and allowing welcome signs to be put up at the town's entrances. Jurgita Stipiniene of the Iceni Partnership received an award for their support in room hire, printing, technical support and a 208km cycle ride that raised money for good causes.
And Reverent Janet Allan, vicar of Swaffham's St Peter and St Paul Church, got an award for arranging a thanksgiving service, and the town's Tesco store was honoured for allowing charity events and food collections to take place there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney