Swaffham Lions hand out awards for supporters in its centennial year
- Credit: Archant
People and groups who have lent their support to Swaffham and District Lions club over the past year - its 100th - have been honoured with awards.
The club had a presentation and review evening at Swaffham Assembly Rooms, attracting more than 60 people. The event was introduced by club president Alan Jude before Dennis Tallon gave a presentation about the club's activities during the year.
Swaffham Town Council was given an award for putting on a civic reception and allowing welcome signs to be put up at the town's entrances. Jurgita Stipiniene of the Iceni Partnership received an award for their support in room hire, printing, technical support and a 208km cycle ride that raised money for good causes.
And Reverent Janet Allan, vicar of Swaffham's St Peter and St Paul Church, got an award for arranging a thanksgiving service, and the town's Tesco store was honoured for allowing charity events and food collections to take place there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk