Swaffham Lions hand out awards for supporters in its centennial year
- Credit: Archant
People and groups who have lent their support to Swaffham and District Lions club over the past year - its 100th - have been honoured with awards.
The club had a presentation and review evening at Swaffham Assembly Rooms, attracting more than 60 people. The event was introduced by club president Alan Jude before Dennis Tallon gave a presentation about the club's activities during the year.
Swaffham Town Council was given an award for putting on a civic reception and allowing welcome signs to be put up at the town's entrances. Jurgita Stipiniene of the Iceni Partnership received an award for their support in room hire, printing, technical support and a 208km cycle ride that raised money for good causes.
And Reverent Janet Allan, vicar of Swaffham's St Peter and St Paul Church, got an award for arranging a thanksgiving service, and the town's Tesco store was honoured for allowing charity events and food collections to take place there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out