Swaffham Lions Club deliver harvest festival donations to food bank
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham-based charity have been reaping the rewards of the harvest festival and collecting food for those in need.
The Swaffham & District Lions Club, a branch of the Lions International organisation, have been collecting donations for the Swaffham food bank.
Lions spokesman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'With the harvest festivals well under way in schools and churches, some of the food they have collected has been donated to the Swaffham Food Bank.
'Swaffham Lions have put on six extra trips to take the donated food from Swaffham to the distribution centre in Dereham, where it is made up into boxes suitable for individuals or families.
'Swaffham Lions have been doing a regular fortnightly trip, delivering the donated food to Dereham for the past four years.'
You may also want to watch:
The next collection will be on Friday, November 30, from 9am to 4pm, at Swaffham Tesco, where items can be donated to the food bank.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?