Swaffham Lions Club deliver harvest festival donations to food bank
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham-based charity have been reaping the rewards of the harvest festival and collecting food for those in need.
The Swaffham & District Lions Club, a branch of the Lions International organisation, have been collecting donations for the Swaffham food bank.
Lions spokesman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'With the harvest festivals well under way in schools and churches, some of the food they have collected has been donated to the Swaffham Food Bank.
'Swaffham Lions have put on six extra trips to take the donated food from Swaffham to the distribution centre in Dereham, where it is made up into boxes suitable for individuals or families.
'Swaffham Lions have been doing a regular fortnightly trip, delivering the donated food to Dereham for the past four years.'
You may also want to watch:
The next collection will be on Friday, November 30, from 9am to 4pm, at Swaffham Tesco, where items can be donated to the food bank.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice