Swaffham Lions Club deliver harvest festival donations to food bank
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham-based charity have been reaping the rewards of the harvest festival and collecting food for those in need.
The Swaffham & District Lions Club, a branch of the Lions International organisation, have been collecting donations for the Swaffham food bank.
Lions spokesman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'With the harvest festivals well under way in schools and churches, some of the food they have collected has been donated to the Swaffham Food Bank.
'Swaffham Lions have put on six extra trips to take the donated food from Swaffham to the distribution centre in Dereham, where it is made up into boxes suitable for individuals or families.
'Swaffham Lions have been doing a regular fortnightly trip, delivering the donated food to Dereham for the past four years.'
You may also want to watch:
The next collection will be on Friday, November 30, from 9am to 4pm, at Swaffham Tesco, where items can be donated to the food bank.
- 1 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 2 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 3 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 4 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 10 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%