Swaffham Lions Club deliver harvest festival donations to food bank
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham-based charity have been reaping the rewards of the harvest festival and collecting food for those in need.
The Swaffham & District Lions Club, a branch of the Lions International organisation, have been collecting donations for the Swaffham food bank.
Lions spokesman, Dennis Tallon, said: 'With the harvest festivals well under way in schools and churches, some of the food they have collected has been donated to the Swaffham Food Bank.
'Swaffham Lions have put on six extra trips to take the donated food from Swaffham to the distribution centre in Dereham, where it is made up into boxes suitable for individuals or families.
'Swaffham Lions have been doing a regular fortnightly trip, delivering the donated food to Dereham for the past four years.'
You may also want to watch:
The next collection will be on Friday, November 30, from 9am to 4pm, at Swaffham Tesco, where items can be donated to the food bank.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village