Fundraisers come out swinging for military charity at golf competition
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the fairways to raise funds for a charity supporting military personnel and their families.
Senior golfers from Swaffham Golf Club hosted a fundraising competition in support of SSAFA Norfolk, which offers assistance to serving personnel, veterans and their loved ones across the region.
A strong field of both men and ladies took part, with Andrew Garrick, David Wade and Kate Faro-Wood producing the good to eventually emerge triumphant.
They will go on to join other players from the county to compete for trophies during a finals day at Bawburgh Golf Club in early September.
The competition in Swaffham followed an equivalent contest at Thetford Golf Club earlier this year, also raising funds for SSAFA along the way. Their representatives at the Bawburgh finals day will be Bryan Reece and David Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £242 was raised for SSAFA Norfolk on the day.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 7 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 8 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales