Fundraisers come out swinging for military charity at golf competition
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the fairways to raise funds for a charity supporting military personnel and their families.
Senior golfers from Swaffham Golf Club hosted a fundraising competition in support of SSAFA Norfolk, which offers assistance to serving personnel, veterans and their loved ones across the region.
A strong field of both men and ladies took part, with Andrew Garrick, David Wade and Kate Faro-Wood producing the good to eventually emerge triumphant.
They will go on to join other players from the county to compete for trophies during a finals day at Bawburgh Golf Club in early September.
The competition in Swaffham followed an equivalent contest at Thetford Golf Club earlier this year, also raising funds for SSAFA along the way. Their representatives at the Bawburgh finals day will be Bryan Reece and David Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £242 was raised for SSAFA Norfolk on the day.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village