Fundraisers come out swinging for military charity at golf competition
- Credit: Archant
Golfers took to the fairways to raise funds for a charity supporting military personnel and their families.
Senior golfers from Swaffham Golf Club hosted a fundraising competition in support of SSAFA Norfolk, which offers assistance to serving personnel, veterans and their loved ones across the region.
A strong field of both men and ladies took part, with Andrew Garrick, David Wade and Kate Faro-Wood producing the good to eventually emerge triumphant.
They will go on to join other players from the county to compete for trophies during a finals day at Bawburgh Golf Club in early September.
The competition in Swaffham followed an equivalent contest at Thetford Golf Club earlier this year, also raising funds for SSAFA along the way. Their representatives at the Bawburgh finals day will be Bryan Reece and David Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £242 was raised for SSAFA Norfolk on the day.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice