Swaffham illuminated as Christmas lights are switched on
- Credit: Archant
A town was buzzing with Christmas cheer as its streets were illuminated for the festive season.
Hundreds gathered in Swaffham market place on Sunday afternoon, ready for one of the highlights in the town's calendar.
The historic Buttercross was the backdrop as Timescape, RockavoX, Fakenham Town Band and Senor Momento provided musical entertainment.
Master of ceremonies Adam Newstead, from KLFM, kept everyone informed throughout the evening, and The King's Morris dancers from King's Lynn gave a Morris Dancing masterclass.
In Plowright Place there was a live animal nativity complete with a donkey, sheep and Labrador, while Father Christmas himself greeted children in the Assembly Rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner, who helped switch on the lights, said: "It's always fantastic to see the community come together to celebrate Christmas.
"The town council would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who works so hard to make this event possible."
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent