Swaffham illuminated as Christmas lights are switched on
- Credit: Archant
A town was buzzing with Christmas cheer as its streets were illuminated for the festive season.
Hundreds gathered in Swaffham market place on Sunday afternoon, ready for one of the highlights in the town's calendar.
The historic Buttercross was the backdrop as Timescape, RockavoX, Fakenham Town Band and Senor Momento provided musical entertainment.
Master of ceremonies Adam Newstead, from KLFM, kept everyone informed throughout the evening, and The King's Morris dancers from King's Lynn gave a Morris Dancing masterclass.
In Plowright Place there was a live animal nativity complete with a donkey, sheep and Labrador, while Father Christmas himself greeted children in the Assembly Rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner, who helped switch on the lights, said: "It's always fantastic to see the community come together to celebrate Christmas.
"The town council would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who works so hard to make this event possible."
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 5 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 8 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears