Swaffham illuminated as Christmas lights are switched on
- Credit: Archant
A town was buzzing with Christmas cheer as its streets were illuminated for the festive season.
Hundreds gathered in Swaffham market place on Sunday afternoon, ready for one of the highlights in the town's calendar.
The historic Buttercross was the backdrop as Timescape, RockavoX, Fakenham Town Band and Senor Momento provided musical entertainment.
Master of ceremonies Adam Newstead, from KLFM, kept everyone informed throughout the evening, and The King's Morris dancers from King's Lynn gave a Morris Dancing masterclass.
In Plowright Place there was a live animal nativity complete with a donkey, sheep and Labrador, while Father Christmas himself greeted children in the Assembly Rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner, who helped switch on the lights, said: "It's always fantastic to see the community come together to celebrate Christmas.
"The town council would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who works so hard to make this event possible."
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village