Hundreds turn out for classic car and family fun day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds enjoyed an afternoon of classic car spotting and family fun in Swaffham.
Swaffham Town Council and the East Anglian Practical Classics Club held their third annual car event and family fun day at the town's recreation ground off Haspalls Road.
The event raised funds to improve open spaces across the town.
Sheila Lister, one of the organisers, said: "We have had an absolutely wonderful day, the weather really helped us and people seemed to be really enjoying themselves.
"We had more than 160 cars in attendance from vintage cars to sports cars and motorbikes. There were also lots of children at the event enjoying the sun.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be back next year, hopefully now we have had a few events, the next one will be perfect."
The club, which has about 350 members across East Anglia, is open to enthusiasts of all makes and models of classic vehicles.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region