Hundreds turn out for classic car and family fun day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds enjoyed an afternoon of classic car spotting and family fun in Swaffham.
Swaffham Town Council and the East Anglian Practical Classics Club held their third annual car event and family fun day at the town's recreation ground off Haspalls Road.
The event raised funds to improve open spaces across the town.
Sheila Lister, one of the organisers, said: "We have had an absolutely wonderful day, the weather really helped us and people seemed to be really enjoying themselves.
"We had more than 160 cars in attendance from vintage cars to sports cars and motorbikes. There were also lots of children at the event enjoying the sun.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be back next year, hopefully now we have had a few events, the next one will be perfect."
The club, which has about 350 members across East Anglia, is open to enthusiasts of all makes and models of classic vehicles.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk