Burst main leaves families without water
- Credit: Archant
A burst water main on the A47 sliproad into Swaffham has left nearby residents without water and large floods on a main road.
The pipe is believed to have started leaking early on Thursday morning, and caused problems for traffic passing through during the early rush hour.
Residents of the nearby street The Splashes said their water was off when they woke up. Ryalla Duffy said: "My grandson is six weeks old, and we had nothing for him this morning. There's maybe 60 children in this street, and we've all been left high and very, very dry."
Another resident said she was shocked she had not heard from the water company and said: "We're patient people, we've got nothing at all, it's ridiculous."
Shortly after, engineers from Anglian Water arrived, with the company stating: "Some customers may be experiencing a loss of pressure, but a water tanker is currently en-route to return supply to all properties while the repair is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
"The A47 slip road into Swaffham is currently closed to allow teams to work safely on what is a busy road in the area, but rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to return things to normal.
"We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and we'd like to thank local residents for their patience and understanding while we complete these vital repairs."
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney