Burst main leaves families without water
- Credit: Archant
A burst water main on the A47 sliproad into Swaffham has left nearby residents without water and large floods on a main road.
The pipe is believed to have started leaking early on Thursday morning, and caused problems for traffic passing through during the early rush hour.
Residents of the nearby street The Splashes said their water was off when they woke up. Ryalla Duffy said: "My grandson is six weeks old, and we had nothing for him this morning. There's maybe 60 children in this street, and we've all been left high and very, very dry."
Another resident said she was shocked she had not heard from the water company and said: "We're patient people, we've got nothing at all, it's ridiculous."
Shortly after, engineers from Anglian Water arrived, with the company stating: "Some customers may be experiencing a loss of pressure, but a water tanker is currently en-route to return supply to all properties while the repair is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
"The A47 slip road into Swaffham is currently closed to allow teams to work safely on what is a busy road in the area, but rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to return things to normal.
"We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and we'd like to thank local residents for their patience and understanding while we complete these vital repairs."
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village