World-renowned artists to feature at arts festival
- Credit: Archant
The programme for the latest edition of a much-loved arts festival has been unveiled.
With members of Swaffham Rotary Club, committee members and artists in attendance, proceedings for this year's Swaffham Visual Arts Festival were revealed in Northwold on Thursday, July 18.
The gathering took place at the studio of Emma Biggs, a local mosaicist of international renown who will feature during the festival alongside Oscar-nominated animation artist Adam Foulkes.
Held over the past 24 years, the extravaganza offers a number of events in Swaffham and the surrounding villages - places that might not otherwise have access to high-quality art.
In a bid to boost interest, organisers have overseen the design of brand new website and logo, created by founding members of Time Out magazine, Pearce Merchbank.
This year's festival - sponsored by Abel - runs from October 5-27, with the launch event taking place on the first night from 7pm at Cockley Cley Hall.
Visit the festival website for information on events and how artists can submit work. Tickets available from Ceres Bookshop in Swaffham (01760 722504).
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Confusion at lack of walk-in Covid-19 booster jab centres in Norfolk
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 A47 works to continue with further road closures
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days