World-renowned artists to feature at arts festival
- Credit: Archant
The programme for the latest edition of a much-loved arts festival has been unveiled.
With members of Swaffham Rotary Club, committee members and artists in attendance, proceedings for this year's Swaffham Visual Arts Festival were revealed in Northwold on Thursday, July 18.
The gathering took place at the studio of Emma Biggs, a local mosaicist of international renown who will feature during the festival alongside Oscar-nominated animation artist Adam Foulkes.
Held over the past 24 years, the extravaganza offers a number of events in Swaffham and the surrounding villages - places that might not otherwise have access to high-quality art.
In a bid to boost interest, organisers have overseen the design of brand new website and logo, created by founding members of Time Out magazine, Pearce Merchbank.
You may also want to watch:
This year's festival - sponsored by Abel - runs from October 5-27, with the launch event taking place on the first night from 7pm at Cockley Cley Hall.
Visit the festival website for information on events and how artists can submit work. Tickets available from Ceres Bookshop in Swaffham (01760 722504).
- 1 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 Nearly 4pc council tax rise for Norfolk as County Hall budget unveiled