World-renowned artists to feature at arts festival
- Credit: Archant
The programme for the latest edition of a much-loved arts festival has been unveiled.
With members of Swaffham Rotary Club, committee members and artists in attendance, proceedings for this year's Swaffham Visual Arts Festival were revealed in Northwold on Thursday, July 18.
The gathering took place at the studio of Emma Biggs, a local mosaicist of international renown who will feature during the festival alongside Oscar-nominated animation artist Adam Foulkes.
Held over the past 24 years, the extravaganza offers a number of events in Swaffham and the surrounding villages - places that might not otherwise have access to high-quality art.
In a bid to boost interest, organisers have overseen the design of brand new website and logo, created by founding members of Time Out magazine, Pearce Merchbank.
You may also want to watch:
This year's festival - sponsored by Abel - runs from October 5-27, with the launch event taking place on the first night from 7pm at Cockley Cley Hall.
Visit the festival website for information on events and how artists can submit work. Tickets available from Ceres Bookshop in Swaffham (01760 722504).
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 6 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term