Swaffham art show hailed a success
SWAFFHAM Rotary Club's annual three-day art exhibition was a great success. It was opened by town mayor Shirley Matthews and Rotary president Colin Evans.
SWAFFHAM Rotary Club's annual three-day art exhibition was a great success.
It was opened by town mayor Shirley Matthews and Rotary president Colin Evans.
The exhibition had probably the best attended preview evening in the event's 15-year history with over 200 people.
Also present was artist Kenneth Denton who exhibited six of his works.
You may also want to watch:
Exhibition chairman Nigel Chambers said: “Approximately £4,000 has been raised over the three days which includes sponsorship, donations, advertising, entrance and the sale of paintings.”
He added: “We have spent 12 months preparing and we are delighted with the financial result.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
“More than that, the exhibition has again confirmed the reputation of our event from both the artists and the visiting public.
“Our thanks to the people of Swaffham and district for their incredible support.”
The winner of the best item on display was Reg Siger for his Swaffham Market Place in acrylic.
Mr Siger has chosen Cystic Fibrosis as the cause to which the Rotary Club should donate £100.
Prize draw winners were: 1 Mr and Mrs C Howard-Vyse (painting by Malcolm Whittley), 2 Tony Abel (West Acre Theatre tickets), 3 Sue Henry (Premier Foods hamper), 4 Neville Robinson (stole), 5 Mrs Wilmore (book on landmarks).