Stateside help for Great Fransham village hall
Richard ParrGreat Fransham took on an Amercian theme on US Independence Day to help raise money for improvements to the village hall.Richard Parr
Great Fransham took on an Amercian theme on US Independence Day to help raise money for improvements to the village hall.
With the Great Fransham village hall field bathed in warm sunshine and a welcoming cooling breeze, traditional fete stalls and sideshows were positioned close to a display of US military vehicles dating back to the 1940s war years.
The American theme attracted a lot of interest from visitors to the event held to provide a summer afternoon's entertainment for village residents while also raising some cash for improvements to the village hall.
Members of the Norfolk Military Vehicles Group had taken along some of their prized privately-owned vehicles yesterday, evoking memories of when there were dozens of airfields in operation across Norfolk and the Americans were here in large numbers.
You may also want to watch:
Among the vehicles on show were a 2.5-ton 'deuce-and-a-half' , a Dodge weapons carrier and tweo jeeps, one of which belonged to the Group's chairman, Ray Beck. Members were dressed in authentic American military uniforms.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 8 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women