Stateside help for Great Fransham village hall
Richard ParrGreat Fransham took on an Amercian theme on US Independence Day to help raise money for improvements to the village hall.Richard Parr
Great Fransham took on an Amercian theme on US Independence Day to help raise money for improvements to the village hall.
With the Great Fransham village hall field bathed in warm sunshine and a welcoming cooling breeze, traditional fete stalls and sideshows were positioned close to a display of US military vehicles dating back to the 1940s war years.
The American theme attracted a lot of interest from visitors to the event held to provide a summer afternoon's entertainment for village residents while also raising some cash for improvements to the village hall.
Members of the Norfolk Military Vehicles Group had taken along some of their prized privately-owned vehicles yesterday, evoking memories of when there were dozens of airfields in operation across Norfolk and the Americans were here in large numbers.
You may also want to watch:
Among the vehicles on show were a 2.5-ton 'deuce-and-a-half' , a Dodge weapons carrier and tweo jeeps, one of which belonged to the Group's chairman, Ray Beck. Members were dressed in authentic American military uniforms.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns