Spice Girls surprise at Swaffham Natwest bank
Customers at a Swaffham bank had a shock this week after being served by the Spice Girls.
Staff at the Natwest branch, in the Market Place, dressed up as the pop stars for a day and raised just over �446 for the Swaffham and Litcham Home Hospice.
The charity, which is based on Swaffham's EcoTech Park, provides emotional and practical support to people who are severely ill or have terminal illnesses.
Its staff and volunteers run home visits, day care at the Swaffham Community Hospital, an art and craft group, carers' support group and offer reflexology, among other services.
Manager of Swaffham's Natwest branch, Beccy Sewell, said: 'We were very pleased with how much we raised. There was a huge community atmosphere – it was brilliant.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Sewell dressed as Ginger Spice, Victoria Germain dressed as Baby, Jill Button dressed as Sporty, Jane Hurt dressed as Scary and Gemma Wardale dressed as Posh.
The majority of the money was raised by a raffle, which included 15 prizes donated by local businesses.
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Miss Sewell, whose family has been affected by cancer, said the branch aims to raise �3,000 over the next year to pay for a machine to benefit people who are supported by the hospice.
Future fundraisers will include a skydive and marathons.
For more information about the charity visit www.swaffham andlitchamhomehospice.co.uk, ring 01760 722937 or 07768 757195, or email homehospice@care4 free.net