Mother-of-two's newfound confidence after six-stone weight loss
- Credit: Sarah Lane
A mother-of-two says she is ready for summer out of lockdown to show off her six stone weight loss transformation.
Sarah Lane, from Watton, began her weight loss journey when she joined her local Slimming World group in October 2019.
And now the 39-year-old has gone from an “uncomfortable” 17 down to 11 stone, and says she has never felt more confident.
She said: “I have always been larger so losing that weight was a massive step to relaunch myself. To find myself again.
“And it just fell off because I was in the right headspace. I wanted it so badly. Now I’m smaller than I was in my teenage years.”
With support from the group, Mrs Lane met her weight loss target in July 2020 and has managed to keep all of the weight off despite being stuck at home during lockdown.
Other than running after the kids and going out for walks, she said she did not stick to an exercise regime, with healthy eating a key part of the weight loss.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
She added: “I didn’t want to embarrass my children at the gate. I want to be the fit mum running after my children. But the fitness comes once you lose that weight.
“I'm dying to try on summer dresses and feel confident.
“My only regret is that I didn’t do it before. I waited for myself to get that uncomfortable stage."