Singing schoolchildren help to spread Christmas cheer
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham group got into the Christmas mood when they were serenaded with a selection of festive music by schoolchildren.
A class from Swaffham Primary Academy sang to members of Swaffham's Wellbeing Group at the town's community centre.
Thirty Year 5 children from Holkham Class were invited at the start of the autumn term to come and sing to the members of the group at Christmas - and spent the term choosing a programme of songs and practising them ready for the performance.
Headteacher Nicola Kaye said: "The children were excited because they knew their singing was going to lift the spirits of the people in the group.
"We sang our songs acapella to enhance the children's voices and truly represent the joy of singing. It was a wonderful opportunity which we hope to repeat next year."
You may also want to watch:
The Wellbeing Group meets at Swaffham Community Centre every Tuesday.
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 3 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 7 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney