Singing schoolchildren help to spread Christmas cheer
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham group got into the Christmas mood when they were serenaded with a selection of festive music by schoolchildren.
A class from Swaffham Primary Academy sang to members of Swaffham's Wellbeing Group at the town's community centre.
Thirty Year 5 children from Holkham Class were invited at the start of the autumn term to come and sing to the members of the group at Christmas - and spent the term choosing a programme of songs and practising them ready for the performance.
Headteacher Nicola Kaye said: "The children were excited because they knew their singing was going to lift the spirits of the people in the group.
"We sang our songs acapella to enhance the children's voices and truly represent the joy of singing. It was a wonderful opportunity which we hope to repeat next year."
You may also want to watch:
The Wellbeing Group meets at Swaffham Community Centre every Tuesday.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns