Singing schoolchildren help to spread Christmas cheer
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham group got into the Christmas mood when they were serenaded with a selection of festive music by schoolchildren.
A class from Swaffham Primary Academy sang to members of Swaffham's Wellbeing Group at the town's community centre.
Thirty Year 5 children from Holkham Class were invited at the start of the autumn term to come and sing to the members of the group at Christmas - and spent the term choosing a programme of songs and practising them ready for the performance.
Headteacher Nicola Kaye said: "The children were excited because they knew their singing was going to lift the spirits of the people in the group.
"We sang our songs acapella to enhance the children's voices and truly represent the joy of singing. It was a wonderful opportunity which we hope to repeat next year."
You may also want to watch:
The Wellbeing Group meets at Swaffham Community Centre every Tuesday.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 3 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched