Singing schoolchildren help to spread Christmas cheer
- Credit: Archant
A Swaffham group got into the Christmas mood when they were serenaded with a selection of festive music by schoolchildren.
A class from Swaffham Primary Academy sang to members of Swaffham's Wellbeing Group at the town's community centre.
Thirty Year 5 children from Holkham Class were invited at the start of the autumn term to come and sing to the members of the group at Christmas - and spent the term choosing a programme of songs and practising them ready for the performance.
Headteacher Nicola Kaye said: "The children were excited because they knew their singing was going to lift the spirits of the people in the group.
"We sang our songs acapella to enhance the children's voices and truly represent the joy of singing. It was a wonderful opportunity which we hope to repeat next year."
You may also want to watch:
The Wellbeing Group meets at Swaffham Community Centre every Tuesday.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 8 Meet the finalists of the Big Clean Up's Best Kept competition
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 10 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic