Specialist school maintains good Ofsted rating for decade
- Credit: Archant
A specialist school for children with complex needs is celebrating its fourth good Ofsted rating since 2009.
Sheridan School, near Thetford, was praised for its effective leadership, quality of teaching, and the personal development, behaviour and achievements of pupils after the latest inspection, which took place in January.
Inspectors also praised the small classes and how the school catered to young people’s individual needs.
Paul Sanderson, head of school, said: “I am delighted with this report. It demonstrates the hard work that our staff do to support our pupils to reach their full potential.
“It is pleasing that we have received praise for our work experience and offsite activities, as we think this is very important to our pupils’ personal and social development.”
You may also want to watch:
The school is managed by Priory Education and Children’s Services, which is part of the Priory Group of mental health specialists.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 9 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 10 9 of the best Christmas markets running in Norfolk in 2021