Sheep-themed fair set to come to Swaffham this summer
- Credit: Ian Burt
The Swaffham Town Council has announced that this summer it will be holding a sheep fair in the centre of town.
The fair will be held on May 26 and see a variety of different breeds being sold in a mock auction for charity, held by local auctioneer Fabian Eagle.
The sheep will be in pens in the town centre and while the winning bidders will not actually take a sheep home, their bids will be donated to local charities.
The town council will confirm which charities are set to benefit in the coming weeks.
Other stalls set up in the market will be selling sheep-themed products that range from produce from local farmers to woolly jumpers and locally produced hogget.
You may also want to watch:
In preparation for the big event, the Mayor and town crier will be calling in to Melsop Farm Park, near Dereham, at the end of February to view and choose the lambs that will visit Swaffham later this year.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 6 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 7 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale