‘There were 60ft flames’ - Fire crews called to a shed blaze
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Fire crews have been called to a shed on fire in Saham Toney, after being alerted to the blaze by a member of the public.
Crews were called to Chequers Lane in the village, near Swaffham shortly before 1.30pm on Wednesday, June 13.
Two fire engines, one from Swaffam and second from Watton attended the scene, using a fire hydrant and reel jets to extinguish the flames.
Richard Stockford, 65, a chartered engineer from Hingham who was in the area at the time and reported the fire to the emergency services described the scene; 'There was a huge mushroom cloud of black smoke, the fire was tremendous. There were flames over 60ft tall.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire service said crews left the scene just before 4pm. No other emergency services attended the incident.