Sandringham Game and Country Fair - all you need to know
- Credit: Archant
The Sandringham Game and Country Fair is back this weekend.
Here's all you need to know:
When is it? The event is being held over the weekend of Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8.
Where is it? At Sandringham Park, the grounds of the Queen's Norfolk retreat.
How much is it? Tickets are £15 adult, £14 over-65, £4 children 5 - 15, under 4's free.
You may also want to watch:
What's there? Three main arenas showcase just about every aspect of country life and pursuits.
Horsing around? Equestrian events have their own arena, with attractions including horseboarding, Shetland racing, shire horses, plus a few birds of prey thrown in.
- 1 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 2 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 3 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 4 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 5 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 8 What now for Norfolk County Council after the elections?
- 9 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 10 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
Barking mad? Dogs have their own arena once again, with displays of all kinds including rare breeds, display teams, obedience and working dogs.
Are dogs allowed? Yes, dogs are welcome on leads.
Country sports? You can see demonstrations of all kinds of pursuits from falconry to fly casting.
Steam and vintage? There will be vintage tractors, lorries, engines and American cars on display in their own field.
What's on the food front? There are fine food halls filled with produce, kitchen demos and an international piazza.
What else? You can watch chainsaw carving, craft demos, try your hand at fly fishing or enjoy a wealth of family entertainment.