Saham Toney school praised
A Breckland primary school has been praised for its strong leadership after a recent Ofsted inspection.Parker's CE Primary School in Saham Toney was judged to be a good school with some outstanding aspects by inspectors.
A Breckland primary school has been praised for its strong leadership after a recent Ofsted inspection.
Parker's CE Primary School in Saham Toney was judged to be a good school with some outstanding aspects by inspectors.
In their report inspectors said the school, near Watton, had strong leadership from the head teacher and governing body.
Pupils' progress in English, mathematics and science was judged to be good, with overall standards being above average.
The school was graded as being “good” in all categories except in the area of care, guidance and support, where it was judged to be “outstanding”.
The school also received praise for making learning interesting and enjoyable.
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Mother determined to use baby heartbreak to help other families
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 7 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 8 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 9 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 10 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
The report praised pupils for their behaviour and said the head teacher and staff provided excellent support and ensured pupils were well looked after and safe.
Head teacher Angela Phillips said she was delighted with the report.
She said: “It recognises the strengths of the school in developing good academic standards, positive attitudes to learning and the excellent contribution the school makes to the wider community.
“This is a result of the dedication and hard work of the entire school community.”