Saham Toney school praised
A Breckland primary school has been praised for its strong leadership after a recent Ofsted inspection.Parker's CE Primary School in Saham Toney was judged to be a good school with some outstanding aspects by inspectors.
A Breckland primary school has been praised for its strong leadership after a recent Ofsted inspection.
Parker's CE Primary School in Saham Toney was judged to be a good school with some outstanding aspects by inspectors.
In their report inspectors said the school, near Watton, had strong leadership from the head teacher and governing body.
Pupils' progress in English, mathematics and science was judged to be good, with overall standards being above average.
You may also want to watch:
The school was graded as being “good” in all categories except in the area of care, guidance and support, where it was judged to be “outstanding”.
The school also received praise for making learning interesting and enjoyable.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
The report praised pupils for their behaviour and said the head teacher and staff provided excellent support and ensured pupils were well looked after and safe.
Head teacher Angela Phillips said she was delighted with the report.
She said: “It recognises the strengths of the school in developing good academic standards, positive attitudes to learning and the excellent contribution the school makes to the wider community.
“This is a result of the dedication and hard work of the entire school community.”