‘Tough on the field - soft at heart’ - Rugby players visit care home with roses for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents in Swaffham had a 'lovely surprise' when players from the town's rugby club paid a visit armed with roses on Valentine's Day.
Norse Care Group, which runs Westfields, said on social media: 'Residents from Westfields in #swaffham had a lovely surprise when the delightful players from @SwaffhamRUFC visited last night with roses for the residents! #ValentinesDay Thanks guys, you made their day!! pic.twitter.com/urrxIICOB7.'
Naomi George, a team leader at the home, said: 'I was not there on the day, but residents have said that it made their day and they were very happy about it. It made them all laugh.'
Swaffham Rugby Club said on social media: 'We might be tough on the field, but off it we are all soft at heart. Valentine's Day 2019 spent with our local community.'
Westfields has 46 single rooms.
Have you recently paid a visit to an appreciative audience? Email email@example.com
- 1 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 2 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 5 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 6 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit