‘Tough on the field - soft at heart’ - Rugby players visit care home with roses for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents in Swaffham had a 'lovely surprise' when players from the town's rugby club paid a visit armed with roses on Valentine's Day.
Norse Care Group, which runs Westfields, said on social media: 'Residents from Westfields in #swaffham had a lovely surprise when the delightful players from @SwaffhamRUFC visited last night with roses for the residents! #ValentinesDay Thanks guys, you made their day!! pic.twitter.com/urrxIICOB7.'
Naomi George, a team leader at the home, said: 'I was not there on the day, but residents have said that it made their day and they were very happy about it. It made them all laugh.'
Swaffham Rugby Club said on social media: 'We might be tough on the field, but off it we are all soft at heart. Valentine's Day 2019 spent with our local community.'
Westfields has 46 single rooms.
Have you recently paid a visit to an appreciative audience? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 2 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 5 Outdoor nativity village with live animals at Norfolk church
- 6 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 7 Festive cheer returns to Watton streets at Christmas event
- 8 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 9 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 10 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'