‘Tough on the field - soft at heart’ - Rugby players visit care home with roses for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents in Swaffham had a 'lovely surprise' when players from the town's rugby club paid a visit armed with roses on Valentine's Day.
Norse Care Group, which runs Westfields, said on social media: 'Residents from Westfields in #swaffham had a lovely surprise when the delightful players from @SwaffhamRUFC visited last night with roses for the residents! #ValentinesDay Thanks guys, you made their day!! pic.twitter.com/urrxIICOB7.'
Naomi George, a team leader at the home, said: 'I was not there on the day, but residents have said that it made their day and they were very happy about it. It made them all laugh.'
Swaffham Rugby Club said on social media: 'We might be tough on the field, but off it we are all soft at heart. Valentine's Day 2019 spent with our local community.'
Westfields has 46 single rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Have you recently paid a visit to an appreciative audience? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help