‘Tough on the field - soft at heart’ - Rugby players visit care home with roses for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents in Swaffham had a 'lovely surprise' when players from the town's rugby club paid a visit armed with roses on Valentine's Day.
Norse Care Group, which runs Westfields, said on social media: 'Residents from Westfields in #swaffham had a lovely surprise when the delightful players from @SwaffhamRUFC visited last night with roses for the residents! #ValentinesDay Thanks guys, you made their day!! pic.twitter.com/urrxIICOB7.'
Naomi George, a team leader at the home, said: 'I was not there on the day, but residents have said that it made their day and they were very happy about it. It made them all laugh.'
Swaffham Rugby Club said on social media: 'We might be tough on the field, but off it we are all soft at heart. Valentine's Day 2019 spent with our local community.'
Westfields has 46 single rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Have you recently paid a visit to an appreciative audience? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village