Drivers face diversions as roadworks close road into town
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will face disruption and diversions as electricity company workers remove cables from the road.
UK Power Networks engineers will be removing cables from an 80-metre stretch of road in North Pickenham for five days at the end of the month.
The work means that a section of Swaffham Road will be completely closed between November 23 and 27.
A 14-minute diversion will be in place to help road users avoid the closure.
A temporary traffic restriction order has been put in place by Norfolk County Council for the duration of the work, which is “expected to be about five days”.
You may also want to watch:
• Head north-west on North Pickenham Rd towards Dulgate Lane, turn left onto White Cross Road, at the roundabout, take the first exit onto London Street/A1065 and follow the road, turn left onto Watton Road, continue onto South Pickenham Road, continue onto Watton Road, turn left onto West View, continue onto South Pickenham Road, turn left at The Street and turn left onto North Pickenham Road.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 7 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 8 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice