Drivers face diversions as roadworks close road into town
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will face disruption and diversions as electricity company workers remove cables from the road.
UK Power Networks engineers will be removing cables from an 80-metre stretch of road in North Pickenham for five days at the end of the month.
The work means that a section of Swaffham Road will be completely closed between November 23 and 27.
A 14-minute diversion will be in place to help road users avoid the closure.
A temporary traffic restriction order has been put in place by Norfolk County Council for the duration of the work, which is “expected to be about five days”.
You may also want to watch:
• Head north-west on North Pickenham Rd towards Dulgate Lane, turn left onto White Cross Road, at the roundabout, take the first exit onto London Street/A1065 and follow the road, turn left onto Watton Road, continue onto South Pickenham Road, continue onto Watton Road, turn left onto West View, continue onto South Pickenham Road, turn left at The Street and turn left onto North Pickenham Road.
- 1 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 4 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 5 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 6 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 7 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 Friends save dog grooming business after owner's death
- 10 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’