Drivers face diversions as roadworks close road into town
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will face disruption and diversions as electricity company workers remove cables from the road.
UK Power Networks engineers will be removing cables from an 80-metre stretch of road in North Pickenham for five days at the end of the month.
The work means that a section of Swaffham Road will be completely closed between November 23 and 27.
A 14-minute diversion will be in place to help road users avoid the closure.
A temporary traffic restriction order has been put in place by Norfolk County Council for the duration of the work, which is “expected to be about five days”.
You may also want to watch:
• Head north-west on North Pickenham Rd towards Dulgate Lane, turn left onto White Cross Road, at the roundabout, take the first exit onto London Street/A1065 and follow the road, turn left onto Watton Road, continue onto South Pickenham Road, continue onto Watton Road, turn left onto West View, continue onto South Pickenham Road, turn left at The Street and turn left onto North Pickenham Road.
- 1 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 2 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 6 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears