Road closed for recovery after three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Three vehicles were involved in a crash which has caused a road to be closed.
Police, ambulance and Norfolk and Fire and Rescue were all called to the incident on Castle Acre Road, Swaffham, shortly after midday today (Satuday, October 19).
A Norfolk Police spokesman said part of the road - which runs underneath the A47, remained closed in both directions.
Fire and rescue crews from Dereham and Massingham used hydraulic rescue equipment to save one person who was trapped in a vehicle, and then helped paramedics with casualty care.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "We got a report at 12.05pm. It appears the road was blocked. It was involving three vehicles and we are just waiting for the vehicles to be recovered. The road is closed at this time [2.10pm].
To see how the roads are for your journey, see our Live Traffic Map here.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 7 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 8 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales