Road closed for recovery after three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Three vehicles were involved in a crash which has caused a road to be closed.
Police, ambulance and Norfolk and Fire and Rescue were all called to the incident on Castle Acre Road, Swaffham, shortly after midday today (Satuday, October 19).
A Norfolk Police spokesman said part of the road - which runs underneath the A47, remained closed in both directions.
Fire and rescue crews from Dereham and Massingham used hydraulic rescue equipment to save one person who was trapped in a vehicle, and then helped paramedics with casualty care.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "We got a report at 12.05pm. It appears the road was blocked. It was involving three vehicles and we are just waiting for the vehicles to be recovered. The road is closed at this time [2.10pm].
To see how the roads are for your journey, see our Live Traffic Map here.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village