Revamped Watton toilets opened
PEOPLE in Watton will soon be able to spend a penny in the town's newly refurbished public toilets.The town's toilets have been shut for months but from Monday they were open once more after having a �100,000 revamp.
PEOPLE in Watton will soon be able to spend a penny in the town's newly refurbished public toilets.
The town's toilets have been shut for months but from Monday they were open once more after having a �100,000 revamp.
The toilets, which are behind Somerfield supermarket, were officially reopened by councillor Janet Carr and Watton mayor Paul McCarthy.
Town clerk Jacqui Seal said they were now toilets Watton could be proud of.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'They were absolutely disgusting before and now they have been refurbished to a really high standard. We have also tried to make them as vandal-proof as possible.
'We would like to thank the public for their patience as they have not had public toilets for a long time, and we would like to thank the Crown Hotel and The Italian Job for letting people use their facilities.'
- 1 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 5 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Both the men's toilets and women's toilets have been decorated with two tones of green and are very modern in design.
Instead of sinks there are holes in the walls which dispense the water and soap, and dry people's hands.
The refurbishment was funded using part of the �275,000 given to Watton Town Council by Breckland Council when the district authority transferred ownership of the facilities to the town in May last year.
Watton Town Council has put the remaining �175,000 into government bonds and will use the interest from the bonds to fund the cleaning contract for the toilets.
The toilets will be open 7am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.