Revamped Watton toilets opened
PEOPLE in Watton will soon be able to spend a penny in the town's newly refurbished public toilets.The town's toilets have been shut for months but from Monday they were open once more after having a �100,000 revamp.
PEOPLE in Watton will soon be able to spend a penny in the town's newly refurbished public toilets.
The town's toilets have been shut for months but from Monday they were open once more after having a �100,000 revamp.
The toilets, which are behind Somerfield supermarket, were officially reopened by councillor Janet Carr and Watton mayor Paul McCarthy.
Town clerk Jacqui Seal said they were now toilets Watton could be proud of.
She said: 'They were absolutely disgusting before and now they have been refurbished to a really high standard. We have also tried to make them as vandal-proof as possible.
'We would like to thank the public for their patience as they have not had public toilets for a long time, and we would like to thank the Crown Hotel and The Italian Job for letting people use their facilities.'
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 8 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 9 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Both the men's toilets and women's toilets have been decorated with two tones of green and are very modern in design.
Instead of sinks there are holes in the walls which dispense the water and soap, and dry people's hands.
The refurbishment was funded using part of the �275,000 given to Watton Town Council by Breckland Council when the district authority transferred ownership of the facilities to the town in May last year.
Watton Town Council has put the remaining �175,000 into government bonds and will use the interest from the bonds to fund the cleaning contract for the toilets.
The toilets will be open 7am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.