Watton residents asked to donate blood
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
NHS Blood and Transplant are asking people in Watton to donate blood.
On Friday, January 12 people will be able to give blood at Queens Hall on Norwich Road.
There will be a session from 1pm until 4pm and another at 5pm until 7.45pm.
A spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant said: 'We urgently need donations after the December bad weather and our stocks are low.
'Currently only 71pc of appointments for the Watton session are booked.
You may also want to watch:
'We especially need donors with B negative and O negative blood – donors with these groups can turn up and donate without an appointment.
'Patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.'
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 3 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
Last year 2,192 people in the UK registered to give blood for the first time and across England 900,000 donated.
For more information call 0300 123 23 23 or visit the website.