Watton residents asked to donate blood
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
NHS Blood and Transplant are asking people in Watton to donate blood.
On Friday, January 12 people will be able to give blood at Queens Hall on Norwich Road.
There will be a session from 1pm until 4pm and another at 5pm until 7.45pm.
A spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant said: 'We urgently need donations after the December bad weather and our stocks are low.
'Currently only 71pc of appointments for the Watton session are booked.
You may also want to watch:
'We especially need donors with B negative and O negative blood – donors with these groups can turn up and donate without an appointment.
'Patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.'
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 4 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 7 Motorcyclist in critical condition following A134 crash
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Norfolk firm tops fundraising target for children's hospices
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
Last year 2,192 people in the UK registered to give blood for the first time and across England 900,000 donated.
For more information call 0300 123 23 23 or visit the website.