Watton residents asked to donate blood
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
NHS Blood and Transplant are asking people in Watton to donate blood.
On Friday, January 12 people will be able to give blood at Queens Hall on Norwich Road.
There will be a session from 1pm until 4pm and another at 5pm until 7.45pm.
A spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant said: 'We urgently need donations after the December bad weather and our stocks are low.
'Currently only 71pc of appointments for the Watton session are booked.
You may also want to watch:
'We especially need donors with B negative and O negative blood – donors with these groups can turn up and donate without an appointment.
'Patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
Last year 2,192 people in the UK registered to give blood for the first time and across England 900,000 donated.
For more information call 0300 123 23 23 or visit the website.