Watton residents asked to donate blood
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
NHS Blood and Transplant are asking people in Watton to donate blood.
On Friday, January 12 people will be able to give blood at Queens Hall on Norwich Road.
There will be a session from 1pm until 4pm and another at 5pm until 7.45pm.
A spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant said: 'We urgently need donations after the December bad weather and our stocks are low.
'Currently only 71pc of appointments for the Watton session are booked.
You may also want to watch:
'We especially need donors with B negative and O negative blood – donors with these groups can turn up and donate without an appointment.
'Patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.'
- 1 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 6 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Last year 2,192 people in the UK registered to give blood for the first time and across England 900,000 donated.
For more information call 0300 123 23 23 or visit the website.