Watton residents asked to donate blood
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
NHS Blood and Transplant are asking people in Watton to donate blood.
On Friday, January 12 people will be able to give blood at Queens Hall on Norwich Road.
There will be a session from 1pm until 4pm and another at 5pm until 7.45pm.
A spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant said: 'We urgently need donations after the December bad weather and our stocks are low.
'Currently only 71pc of appointments for the Watton session are booked.
'We especially need donors with B negative and O negative blood – donors with these groups can turn up and donate without an appointment.
'Patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.'
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR
Last year 2,192 people in the UK registered to give blood for the first time and across England 900,000 donated.
For more information call 0300 123 23 23 or visit the website.