Watton residents asked to donate blood
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
NHS Blood and Transplant are asking people in Watton to donate blood.
On Friday, January 12 people will be able to give blood at Queens Hall on Norwich Road.
There will be a session from 1pm until 4pm and another at 5pm until 7.45pm.
A spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant said: 'We urgently need donations after the December bad weather and our stocks are low.
'Currently only 71pc of appointments for the Watton session are booked.
'We especially need donors with B negative and O negative blood – donors with these groups can turn up and donate without an appointment.
'Patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.'
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 3 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 4 A47 near Swaffham reopens after crash
- 5 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 6 Weird Norfolk: The jilted Tudor ghost that haunts a National Trust hall
- 7 Interim parish council takes office after mass resignations
- 8 Motorcyclist who died in crash with minivan named
- 9 Classic car show returns with vintage motorbikes and 'auto jumble' sale
- 10 IOPC investigating A47 police chase which resulted in the death of a driver
Last year 2,192 people in the UK registered to give blood for the first time and across England 900,000 donated.
For more information call 0300 123 23 23 or visit the website.