Residents in Watton urged to give blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Watton are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood at its session on Tuesday, May 22 at Queens Hall.
Two time slots are available from 1pm until 4pm and 5pm until 7.45pm.
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England around 900,000 people donated but around 200,000 new blood donors are needed each year to maintain the numbers for life-saving blood donations.
You may also want to watch:
Donors are needed from all blood types and communities, with a particular need for people from black and Asian communities to ensure the right mix of blood.
To make an appointment or for more information, call 0300 123 2323 or visit the Give Blood website . Attendance by appointment is strongly recommended.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village