Residents in Watton urged to give blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Watton are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood at its session on Tuesday, May 22 at Queens Hall.
Two time slots are available from 1pm until 4pm and 5pm until 7.45pm.
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England around 900,000 people donated but around 200,000 new blood donors are needed each year to maintain the numbers for life-saving blood donations.
You may also want to watch:
Donors are needed from all blood types and communities, with a particular need for people from black and Asian communities to ensure the right mix of blood.
To make an appointment or for more information, call 0300 123 2323 or visit the Give Blood website . Attendance by appointment is strongly recommended.
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances