Residents in Watton urged to give blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Watton are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood at its session on Tuesday, May 22 at Queens Hall.
Two time slots are available from 1pm until 4pm and 5pm until 7.45pm.
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England around 900,000 people donated but around 200,000 new blood donors are needed each year to maintain the numbers for life-saving blood donations.
You may also want to watch:
Donors are needed from all blood types and communities, with a particular need for people from black and Asian communities to ensure the right mix of blood.
To make an appointment or for more information, call 0300 123 2323 or visit the Give Blood website . Attendance by appointment is strongly recommended.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 9 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 10 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?