Community to celebrate rededication of village church
- Credit: Ian Burt
A community will come together to celebrate the end of a project to restore its 900-year-old church.
On Sunday, St John the Evangelist Church in Ovington, near Watton, will be rededicated by the Bishop of King's Lynn, the Rt Revd Jonathan Meyrick.
The church secured a grant of more than £200,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to carry out repair works to make the building a community hub.
As part of the grant, a project was set up to engage with pupils from seven local schools where they took part in activities and experiences at the church.
The ceremony will take place at 10.30am followed by a reception and buffet lunch will be held between 12.30pm and 1.45pm at the village hall.
- 1 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 4 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 5 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 6 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 7 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 Classic car show returns with vintage motorbikes and 'auto jumble' sale
- 10 Family tribute to ‘amazing daddy’ who died in motorcycle crash
At 2pm there will be a concert in the church by award winning soprano Emma Nuule.
To purchase tickets for the reception and for more information call John Hardy on 01953 889920.