Community to celebrate rededication of village church
- Credit: Ian Burt
A community will come together to celebrate the end of a project to restore its 900-year-old church.
On Sunday, St John the Evangelist Church in Ovington, near Watton, will be rededicated by the Bishop of King's Lynn, the Rt Revd Jonathan Meyrick.
The church secured a grant of more than £200,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to carry out repair works to make the building a community hub.
As part of the grant, a project was set up to engage with pupils from seven local schools where they took part in activities and experiences at the church.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony will take place at 10.30am followed by a reception and buffet lunch will be held between 12.30pm and 1.45pm at the village hall.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
At 2pm there will be a concert in the church by award winning soprano Emma Nuule.
To purchase tickets for the reception and for more information call John Hardy on 01953 889920.