Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- Credit: QD
A budget chain is opening a new high street store this week in a former Poundstretcher.
The new store, located on London Street in Swaffham, replaces the smaller QD-owned Thing-Me-Bobs outlet in the town’s Market Place.
All of Thing-Me-Bobs' 10 staff are transferring to the new QD, alongside manager Steve Daymond, with an additional seven new jobs created by the move into a bigger premises.
Mr Daymond, who was the manager of the town’s Thing-Me-Bobs said: “We have worked very hard to ensure we are Covid-safe so our shoppers can visit us with confidence.
“It is great to have new staff joining our team too and we all can’t wait to welcome new and existing customers to the store.”
You may also want to watch:
QD is an independent, family-owned chain of high street value retail outlets with 27 stores across the country.
The Swaffham store will open to the public on Thursday, February 25.
- 1 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 4 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 5 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 6 What now for Norfolk County Council after the elections?
- 7 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 8 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 9 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk