Pupils' recipes will boost food festival
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham next year.
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham.
The book will feature three sections ranging from how to grow and cook your own, to cooking with wild food and more conventional recipes.
All schools in the area are being encouraged to get involved and the deadline for recipe entries will be February 23.
Other highlights of the week, which will be held between September 23 and 29, will be a cookery competition modelled on the hit TV show Ready, Steady, Cook, a food hygiene course and a grow your own veg day, to be held at the EcoTech centre.
The Iceni Partnership, which is organising the event as part of its life long learning programme, is also hoping that restaurants throughout the town will get involved.
A gastronomic BBQ is also planned and it is hoped that as many nationalities as possible will showcase their food.
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days
For more information contact the Iceni Partnership on 01760 722800.