Pupils' recipes will boost food festival
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham next year.
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham.
The book will feature three sections ranging from how to grow and cook your own, to cooking with wild food and more conventional recipes.
All schools in the area are being encouraged to get involved and the deadline for recipe entries will be February 23.
Other highlights of the week, which will be held between September 23 and 29, will be a cookery competition modelled on the hit TV show Ready, Steady, Cook, a food hygiene course and a grow your own veg day, to be held at the EcoTech centre.
You may also want to watch:
The Iceni Partnership, which is organising the event as part of its life long learning programme, is also hoping that restaurants throughout the town will get involved.
A gastronomic BBQ is also planned and it is hoped that as many nationalities as possible will showcase their food.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
For more information contact the Iceni Partnership on 01760 722800.