Pupils' recipes will boost food festival
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham next year.
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham.
The book will feature three sections ranging from how to grow and cook your own, to cooking with wild food and more conventional recipes.
All schools in the area are being encouraged to get involved and the deadline for recipe entries will be February 23.
Other highlights of the week, which will be held between September 23 and 29, will be a cookery competition modelled on the hit TV show Ready, Steady, Cook, a food hygiene course and a grow your own veg day, to be held at the EcoTech centre.
The Iceni Partnership, which is organising the event as part of its life long learning programme, is also hoping that restaurants throughout the town will get involved.
A gastronomic BBQ is also planned and it is hoped that as many nationalities as possible will showcase their food.
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Mother determined to use baby heartbreak to help other families
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 7 The slower you go, the more of Norfolk you can see
- 8 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 9 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 10 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
For more information contact the Iceni Partnership on 01760 722800.