Pupils' recipes will boost food festival
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham next year.
A recipe book filled with ideas cooked up by school pupils will be one of the highlights of a week-long food festival to be held in Swaffham.
The book will feature three sections ranging from how to grow and cook your own, to cooking with wild food and more conventional recipes.
All schools in the area are being encouraged to get involved and the deadline for recipe entries will be February 23.
Other highlights of the week, which will be held between September 23 and 29, will be a cookery competition modelled on the hit TV show Ready, Steady, Cook, a food hygiene course and a grow your own veg day, to be held at the EcoTech centre.
You may also want to watch:
The Iceni Partnership, which is organising the event as part of its life long learning programme, is also hoping that restaurants throughout the town will get involved.
A gastronomic BBQ is also planned and it is hoped that as many nationalities as possible will showcase their food.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
For more information contact the Iceni Partnership on 01760 722800.