Plenty of pumpkins bring splash of colour to market place
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk market brought a splash of orange to proceedings at its inaugural pumpkin carving competition.
The event was organised by the Swaffham Town Council Market Committee with pumpkins donated by Fountain Fresh, Norfolk Produce and Tesco.
Chairman Sheila Lister handed out prizes to the winners.
She said: 'We are so pleased to run an event that will encourage the next generation out to visit and enjoy the market.
'Being able to offer pumpkins free has meant that everyone is able to take part and we very much appreciate the support of the market traders and Tesco, who donated pumpkins.
You may also want to watch:
'The event has been a real success and we hope to be able to repeat it next year - bigger and better of course.'
The Swaffham Lions Club and Iceni Youth group also took part with creations carved at one of their sessions.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
Some of the pumpkins went on display at Plowright Place.