Plenty of pumpkins bring splash of colour to market place
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk market brought a splash of orange to proceedings at its inaugural pumpkin carving competition.
The event was organised by the Swaffham Town Council Market Committee with pumpkins donated by Fountain Fresh, Norfolk Produce and Tesco.
Chairman Sheila Lister handed out prizes to the winners.
She said: 'We are so pleased to run an event that will encourage the next generation out to visit and enjoy the market.
'Being able to offer pumpkins free has meant that everyone is able to take part and we very much appreciate the support of the market traders and Tesco, who donated pumpkins.
You may also want to watch:
'The event has been a real success and we hope to be able to repeat it next year - bigger and better of course.'
The Swaffham Lions Club and Iceni Youth group also took part with creations carved at one of their sessions.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
Some of the pumpkins went on display at Plowright Place.