Plenty of pumpkins bring splash of colour to market place
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk market brought a splash of orange to proceedings at its inaugural pumpkin carving competition.
The event was organised by the Swaffham Town Council Market Committee with pumpkins donated by Fountain Fresh, Norfolk Produce and Tesco.
Chairman Sheila Lister handed out prizes to the winners.
She said: 'We are so pleased to run an event that will encourage the next generation out to visit and enjoy the market.
'Being able to offer pumpkins free has meant that everyone is able to take part and we very much appreciate the support of the market traders and Tesco, who donated pumpkins.
'The event has been a real success and we hope to be able to repeat it next year - bigger and better of course.'
The Swaffham Lions Club and Iceni Youth group also took part with creations carved at one of their sessions.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 8 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 9 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 10 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
Some of the pumpkins went on display at Plowright Place.