Plenty of pumpkins bring splash of colour to market place
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk market brought a splash of orange to proceedings at its inaugural pumpkin carving competition.
The event was organised by the Swaffham Town Council Market Committee with pumpkins donated by Fountain Fresh, Norfolk Produce and Tesco.
Chairman Sheila Lister handed out prizes to the winners.
She said: 'We are so pleased to run an event that will encourage the next generation out to visit and enjoy the market.
'Being able to offer pumpkins free has meant that everyone is able to take part and we very much appreciate the support of the market traders and Tesco, who donated pumpkins.
You may also want to watch:
'The event has been a real success and we hope to be able to repeat it next year - bigger and better of course.'
The Swaffham Lions Club and Iceni Youth group also took part with creations carved at one of their sessions.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Some of the pumpkins went on display at Plowright Place.