Plenty of pumpkins bring splash of colour to market place
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk market brought a splash of orange to proceedings at its inaugural pumpkin carving competition.
The event was organised by the Swaffham Town Council Market Committee with pumpkins donated by Fountain Fresh, Norfolk Produce and Tesco.
Chairman Sheila Lister handed out prizes to the winners.
She said: 'We are so pleased to run an event that will encourage the next generation out to visit and enjoy the market.
'Being able to offer pumpkins free has meant that everyone is able to take part and we very much appreciate the support of the market traders and Tesco, who donated pumpkins.
You may also want to watch:
'The event has been a real success and we hope to be able to repeat it next year - bigger and better of course.'
The Swaffham Lions Club and Iceni Youth group also took part with creations carved at one of their sessions.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
Some of the pumpkins went on display at Plowright Place.