‘Examine your cash’ - police issue warning over fake £20 notes
- Credit: PA
Police have warned members of the public to examine their cash after fake £20 notes were circulated.
Officers say they have received reports of counterfeit Scottish £20 notes being used in the Swaffham area.
All the relevant notes appear to have the same two serial numbers of NQ292541 and KU333608.
A tweet posted by Breckland police read: "Currently we have only had reports in the Swaffham area, but please examine your cash carefully.
"If someone tries to offer you any fake notes, or you know any information about those involved in the circulation of counterfeit money, please contact Norfolk police."
Anyone with relevant information is encouraged to call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously be calling 0800 555111.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR