Police seek crash witnesses
Police are investigating a crash on the A47 which left a motorcyclist with serious head and chest injuries. The crash happened on the A47 at Necton near the junction with the North Pickenham Road at about 5.
Police are investigating a crash on the A47 which left a motorcyclist with serious head and chest injuries.
The crash happened on the A47 at Necton near the junction with the North Pickenham Road at about 5.40pm on Friday night.
A man aged in his 50s was riding a red Honda motorcycle heading towards Norwich when he came off the machine and collided with a silver Chrysler Crossfire vehicle.
Police said the motorcyclist was left with serious head and chest injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked in both directions by police following the crash and was not reopened until just after 9pm the same night.
Police want to hear from any witnesses to the collision or to the manner of driving of the vehicles prior to the collision.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
t Contact PC Darren Wynne or Sgt Peter Howlett on 0845 4564567.