Police reveal more information about Scarning crash victim as investigation continues
- Credit: Ian Burt
The victim of a fatal crash on the A47 at Scarning on Saturday was from the Swaffham area, police have said.
Investigations are continuing into the accident, near the Drayton Hall Lane junction, which happened shortly after 7.45pm when a blue Vauxhall Vectra travelling onto the A47 towards Swaffham was involved in a collision with a silver Vauxhall Zafira travelling towards Norwich.
The Vectra then collided with a third vehicle, a white Mercedes C220, travelling towards Norwich.
The man, who was in his 60s, was the only person in his car, and sadly died at the scene of the crash.
Police have now erected fatal accident signs by the side of the road in a bid to bring any witnesses forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, or who may know the manner of driving of the vehicles immediately before the crash, should contact the Serious Collisions Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 3 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk