Police confirm person has died in road crash on outskirts of Watton
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Police have confirmed that a person has died following a road crash on the outskirts of Watton.
Officers were called to reports of a collision between a Volkswagen Golf and a Vauxhall Meriva at around 6pm this evening on the B1108 Norwich Road, close to the junction with Mill Lane, at Carbrooke.
The road has been closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene and diversions have been put in place.
Police said a male has died as a result of the crash and investigations are underway to determine the circumstances surrounding the crash and witnesses are asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary's serious collision investigation team on 101.
Police said no further information about the deceased will be released until next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Watton, Hingham and Attleborough also attended and extricated three people from vehicles using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 9 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk