Concern for missing man who called family to say he was hurt after bike fall
- Credit: Archant
Police are concerned about a missing man who called his family and suggested he'd fallen from his bike and injured his head.
Craig Pelham, of Northolt Road in Carbrooke, was last seen cycling along Norwich Road, Watton, at around 3.30pm on Sunday.
The 43-year-old failed to return home that evening.
He called his family at approximately 9am on Monday morning and suggested he'd had some kind of fall from his bike and injured his head.
He also claimed he had slept in a wooded area overnight but gave no further details before he ended the call.
You may also want to watch:
Searches are being carried out on foot in the local area yesterday and the police helicopter was also called to assist.
Inspector Jo Walmsley said: 'It is unclear at this time exactly where Craig may be but we believe he could be in the Great Hockham area.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack
'Craig hasn't made any further contact since this morning and we are keen to find him as soon as possible to ensure he receives any medical attention he may need.
'Officers are conducting local searches but I would urge anyone in the Great Hockham and surrounding areas to remain vigilant and contact officers if they think they may have seen him.'
Mr Pelham is described as white, approximately 5ft 10in, of medium build, with dark cropped hair and a short beard.
It's believed he was wearing a black jacket, black hoody and black jeans. He was riding a white mountain bike.
Anyone who may have seen him should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 80 of Monday, May 21.