Concern for missing man who called family to say he was hurt after bike fall
- Credit: Archant
Police are concerned about a missing man who called his family and suggested he'd fallen from his bike and injured his head.
Craig Pelham, of Northolt Road in Carbrooke, was last seen cycling along Norwich Road, Watton, at around 3.30pm on Sunday.
The 43-year-old failed to return home that evening.
He called his family at approximately 9am on Monday morning and suggested he'd had some kind of fall from his bike and injured his head.
He also claimed he had slept in a wooded area overnight but gave no further details before he ended the call.
You may also want to watch:
Searches are being carried out on foot in the local area yesterday and the police helicopter was also called to assist.
Inspector Jo Walmsley said: 'It is unclear at this time exactly where Craig may be but we believe he could be in the Great Hockham area.
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
'Craig hasn't made any further contact since this morning and we are keen to find him as soon as possible to ensure he receives any medical attention he may need.
'Officers are conducting local searches but I would urge anyone in the Great Hockham and surrounding areas to remain vigilant and contact officers if they think they may have seen him.'
Mr Pelham is described as white, approximately 5ft 10in, of medium build, with dark cropped hair and a short beard.
It's believed he was wearing a black jacket, black hoody and black jeans. He was riding a white mountain bike.
Anyone who may have seen him should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 80 of Monday, May 21.